Taking the Right Steps So You Can Get Back in the Game
The weather is finally warming up and, for many, that means outdoor sports—baseball, soccer, tennis, cycling and other pursuits. If you’ve taken the winter off, you need to work your way back into playing shape or you can be prone to injury. If you play hard, though, that’s often just a part of the game.
When you’ve been hurt on the diamond or the court, or in any other athletic activity, your first thoughts are typically about whether you can keep playing and, if not, when you can get back to your passion. Whenever you suffer a sports-related injury, you should exercise some caution, as your body may mask the true nature of the injury with adrenalin or may simply take some time to let you know the full extent of your injury.
Tips for Helping You Heal Quickly and Fully from a Sports-Related Injury
Here are the best strategies for maximizing your chances of a rapid and full return to the game:
- Treat every injury seriously—No one wants to leave the game in the middle, but you risk significant complications if you try to play on serious injury. If you’ve twisted or sprained anything, stop what you’re doing and get ice on the area as soon as possible.
- It’s always a good idea to have your doctor check out your injury, even if it seems minor. A medical professional can quickly diagnose injuries that may not be apparent to you. Of course, if your doctor prescribes a regimen of care (such as a period of rest), listen and follow his or her recommendations.
- One of the most effective forms of treatment for any sports-related injury is physical therapy, which will gently rebuild strength, mobility and balance.
- Chiropractic is also a great tool for healing from a sports-related injury
- Ask your doctor about non-invasive forms of treatment. Surgery may ultimately be necessary, but it’s going to keep you on the sidelines for an extended period of time.
Accident Centers of Texas—Promoting Maximum Wellness
At Accident Centers of Texas, we treat patients at eight different locations in Texas, from Dallas and Fort Worth to Pleasant Grove, Oak Cliff, Arlington, Irving, Garland and Frisco. As a general rule, you can set up a meeting for the same day you call. We offer treatment by a nurse practitioner and/or a chiropractor, depending on your injury.
Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. If you cannot drive or don’t have transportation, we will arrange to pick you up and get you back home. To set up a visit, call us at 214-974-4041 or contact our offices.
Let Us Treat Your Sports-Related Injury
Accident Centers of Texas and Infinity Medical Care Group
Committed to Pain Relief and Rehabilitation