How a Chiropractor Can Alleviate Shoulder Discomfort after a Car Crash
Shoulder injuries are one of the most frequent consequences of a motor vehicle accident, as the force of impact with another vehicle can cause your upper body to collide with a steering wheel, door, windshield or even the airbag as it deploys. Unfortunately, with a shoulder injury, you can experience pain in just about everything you do, from sitting to standing to trying to get a good night’s sleep. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help alleviate much of the pain from a shoulder injury sustained in a car wreck.
Knowing that You Have a Shoulder Injury
In most instances, the warning signs of a shoulder injury are easy to identify:
- You may be unable to lift your arm or move your shoulder without pain or discomfort
- You may have limited flexibility or range of motion in your shoulder
- You may experience a burning or tingling sensation in your shoulder or down your arm
- You may have some numbness or loss of sensation in your shoulder or arm
The Ways a Chiropractor Can Help You Heal from a Car Accident Shoulder Injury
A chiropractor will generally take a holistic, non-invasive approach to helping ease your shoulder pain and heal from your injury:
- A chiropractor may start with a full spinal adjustment – Often, a part of the pain you experience in your shoulder is the result of a spinal misalignment, which can cause pressure on bones and joints. An adjustment will help ease pressure and lessen your pain.
- A chiropractor may adjust your shoulder directly – This typically involves stretching your shoulders to restore them to normal alignment, which will facilitate blood blow to any bruises or other injuries and accelerate healing.
- A chiropractor may show you gentle exercises that can both strengthen the muscles in and around your shoulders, and enhance your flexibility
Accident Centers of Texas—Full-Service Medical Treatment in the DFW Metroplex
At Accident Centers of Texas, restoring you to maximum health is our priority. We have eight convenient locations throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area, from Dallas, Oak Cliff, Pleasant Grove, and Fort Worth to Arlington, Frisco, Irving, and Garland. We can usually see you the same day you call. You may be treated by one of our nurse practitioners, by a chiropractor, or by both, depending on your medical needs.
When you have any illness or injury that requires medical care, we can help. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. For an appointment, call us at 214-974-4041 or contact our offices.