Steps You Can Take to Accelerate Your Recovery
It’s no fun being sidelined by injuries of any kind. For most of us, when we’ve been in a car accident or hurt in any other way, we want to heal as fast as possible, so we can get back to our lives. Unfortunately, many of us try to push our recovery and often do things that only delay healing. Here are the things you want to do in the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident to ensure that you heal quickly and fully:
- Pay attention to medical professionals—Your doctor really does know what’s best for you. If the doctor says you should rest, don’t try to return to your normal routine. Your doctor can also give you recommendations for foods that can hasten your recovery.
- Start your recovery with gentle stretching—Chances are you’ll have sore muscles. Once they’ve had an opportunity to rest (and reduce inflammation), the best way to start returning to physical activity is with easy stretching. You want to feel the stretch, but you don’t want pain.
- Drink lots of water—Staying hydrated will help promote healing—it’s one of the ways your body heals naturally
- Use ice and heat alternately—Ice can help reduce inflammation and heat will relieve tension
- Go to physical therapy—A physical therapist will have the tools and knowledge to help you rebuild muscle strength and progressively reestablish flexibility and fitness
- Get a massage—Gentle massage will also relieve tension, minimize muscle spasms and improve circulation, another way to accelerate your recovery
Accident Centers of Texas—Committed to Maximum Health in the DFW Metroplex
At Accident Centers of Texas, your health is our primary focus. We have eight convenient locations throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area, from Dallas, Oak Cliff, Pleasant Grove, and Fort Worth to Arlington, Frisco, Irving, and Garland. We can usually get you in for treatment on the same day you call. You may be seen by one of our nurse practitioners, by a chiropractor, or by both, depending on your medical needs.
When you have any illness or injury that requires medical care, we can help. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. For an appointment, call us at 214-974-4041 or contact our offices.
Accident Centers of Texas and Infinity Medical Care Group
Committed to Pain Relief and Rehabilitation