If you were the victim of a car crash in Texas that wasn’t your fault, you may be owed compensation. This settlement is meant to cover all the damages – medical bills, lost wages, vehicle damage, and suffering inflicted.
However, understanding how long it realistically takes to get your car accident settlement is key. Various bureaucratic, legal, and insurance processes delay victims from getting fair dues for months or even years after the traumatic event itself.
At Accident Centers of Texas, we offer actionable tips to help speed up resolution based on our decades of securing dues for clients across the state.
Factors Deciding Timelines
Pinpointing an average timeline for settlement is tricky as durations vary case to case based on elements like:
- Injuries Sustained – Minor soft tissue damages from fender benders may take only months to claim reimbursements for. More grievous wounds requiring long treatment, surgeries and therapy push timeframes into years. Permanent disability claims are amongst the lengthiest.
- Insurance Company – Cooperative insurers looking for fast closure may make acceptable offers quickly. Difficult ones refusing liability drag cases via lowball offers forcing court filings.
- Evidence Gathering – Straightforward crashes with police reports and unwavering witness accounts can wrap faster. Disputes over causes demanding finding supporting evidence through video footage, vehicle evaluations etc delays resolution.
- Workload of Attorneys – Renowned large firms juggle higher caseloads, dedicating less resources per case. Smaller firms with bandwidth make swifter progress for individuals through relentless follow-ups.
While most uncomplicated car injury claims with cooperative insurers and defendants typically settle within 1-1.5 years, aggregating all kinds of crashes makes determining average length problematic. Still, our decades of securing client dues provides rule-of-thumb timeframes:
- Minor collisions – 6 months to 1.5 years
- Mid-level complex claims with some disputes – 1.5 years to 2.5 years
- Major pileups/deaths with recalcitrant defendants – Over 3+ years
Strategies to Expedite Resolution
Retaining experienced car accident attorneys is key to optimize timelines by:
- Starting documentation/evidence collection early through extensive scene analysis, scans, doctor opinions capturing full damages helping maximize claim amounts
- Filing claims correctly accounting for every loss suffered while following complex procedures
- Negotiating strategically via early settlement talks once adequate evidence gathered
- Litigating aggressively in court if defendants turn difficult refusing reasonable amounts despite clear culpability
Additionally, being flexible with settlement options helps pick the channel bringing swiftest closure:
- Mediation –Using alternative dispute resolution mechanisms before trial ensures unbiased resolution
- Structured Settlements – Opting for partial payment now + secured income streams later provides tax advantages
Getting your car accident settlement in the shortest realistic timeline is pivotal to cover mounting costs. Our attorneys leave no stone unturned, whether resolving matters through aggressive negotiations or unafraid litigation. With us navigating the turbulent legal landscape, you focus on healing.
Reach out for a free consultation to discuss your unique car accident case details and determine optimal recourse paths for settlements in the quickest possible durations.