Ways to Safely Enjoy the Holidays This Year
The holiday season is traditionally a time for gathering, a time to be with friends, family and others. In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, though, you may have concerns about how (or even if) you can do that safely, particularly as infection rates start to climb again. The good news—there are ways that you can share the holidays with loved ones and minimize the risk of contracting or spreading the virus.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has put together detailed information about the recommended precautions for the 2020 holidays.
- The safest way to celebrate is virtually, either through an online videoconferencing platform or a video call on your phone
- Gathering with members of your own household poses a minimal risk, provided all members of your household are actively employing recommended measures to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. That means that they use masks whenever outside of the home, as well as hand sanitizer, and maintain appropriate social distancing. Family members who don’t live in your home (college students or adult children with their own apartments) should not be considered part of your household.
- Outdoor gatherings are recommended—The poor airflow indoors increases the risk of spreading the virus. If it’s too cold to meet outdoors, increase the airflow by positioning fans to blow air outdoors.
- Keep the gathering short—The risk of contracting the virus increases dramatically if you are within six feet of an infected person for a cumulative time of 15 minutes.
- Whether you gather indoors or outdoors, limit the number of attendees so that they can always safely and comfortably stay a minimum of six feet apart. The best way to do this may be to set up seating in a socially distant way.
- Ask everyone to wear a mask that covers the mouth and the nose. Masks may be removed when eating or drinking.
- Make certain you have plenty of hand sanitizer or soap. Ask everyone to wash or sanitize when they arrive.
Accident Centers of Texas—Helping Return You to Maximum Health
At Accident Centers of Texas, we are dedicated to helping you return to normal health. We offer comprehensive care at eight convenient locations, including Dallas, Pleasant Grove, Oak Cliff, Fort Worth, Arlington, Irving, Garland, and Frisco. Because of our staffing, we can typically schedule a same-day appointment when you call. Based on your medical condition and the treatment required, you may be seen by a nurse practitioner and/or by a chiropractor.
Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M., Fridays 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., and Saturdays 10:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. If you are unable to drive or don’t have transportation, we will arrange to pick you up and take you back home. To schedule a visit, call us at 214-974-4041 or contact our offices.
Accident Centers of Texas and Infinity Medical Care Group | Committed to Pain Relief and Rehabilitation